Sunday, October 23, 2005

Lets change that to "scotts(not)running.blogspot.com

Thats right, today I broke the cardinal rule, the big one, the one you can never recover from fully, if only deep down inside... I skipped the weekend long run.

Did I fall down the stairs and have a compound fracture? No
Was there an earthquake causing a big peice of masonry to fall on me? No

I just don't feel like getting out of the jammies today. Granted, my butt stayed in the captain's chair all weekend while I wrote a 3800 word paper for grad school, but claiming that was what kept me from going would be the definition of weakness. I just wanted to make a big pot of sauce out of the last of this season's tomatoes and be naughty.

I'll do my scheduled 12 miler tomorrow. I promise.

Riona tapped me for the 23rd post/5 line thing. Here goes:
"Normally I make no effort what so ever to run any faster than my feet want to." This was more or less running at the mouth/running babble. I was talking about how I went out too hard and got shin splints. This taught me to warm up on the days I'm going to try sprinting (rocket science).

Now, I'm going to hurry and tag five people before Brit gets them first!
Keith, LJ (she'll just have to make something up), Partyrunner, Drew, and Danny (to be obvious about it), You're it!

2 comments:

Danny said...

lol...

good thing I played it safe last week.

vegas, baby, vegas...

:) said...

Bad boy...but I did it sort of too...