Monday, October 03, 2005

Hat Trick Quick

Tonight had three easy miles on the schedule. I went to run my favorite run which is about 3.7 but who's counting, right? At about the first mile I looked down to see why Garmin wasn't beeping at me. I had forgotten to turn it on, gah! At the 1.5 mile marker I decided to stop and turn it on and stretch until it connected up with the mothership. Then I thought, "What the hell. I'm loose and limber fromt the first half. Why not pour it on?" I did the second 1.58 in 10.20, or about a 6.39 mile pace. For a mile and a half I could have kept up with Jeff or Keith. Now I just have to work on being able to do that for longer... then a little longer...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just ran for the first time since the race...tonight. Pretty rusty for the first couple, but managed a 7:30 for the whole 6.5...felt OK. Turtledash ready? Maybe.

About Me: said...

you are a stud.

what's your vegas goal time? have i asked you this and merely forgotten?

Unknown said...

Ya, what is your goal? I'm curious too.

Scott in Washington said...

I think something is hinky with my comments notifications. I didn't get any email about the first three comments on this post.

She was...;
If you don't stretch and you start running distance you are going to paaaay for it. At a minimum, if I were you I'd do five minutes of stretching my calves, hames, inner thighs, etc. One stretch that is imperative for me if I want to avoid shin pain is to put my toes on a curb or stair and rock back on my heel to stretch the back of my calf muscle. I think stretching the back of my thighs is instrumental in not getting ITB pain. Thats just my two non-sport medicine trained cents on that. As for breaking in your new running shoes; I wear mine around the house for a few hours to start with, then I wear them for really short runs or for the first mile or so before switching to my old ones for the rest of the run. I do this for about a week. I have tried to run longer runs with new shoes and paid for it.

Partyrunner and Keith;
I know this about myself... As for Vegas, my goal is to cross the finish line while still vertical and then not have to go to the hospital. If I run my natural pace (about 9.20), I figure I should cross the finish line somewhere around four hours.