Saturday, August 06, 2005

Shopping Trip Success

Well, I finally made it down to Portland. I ended up getting everything I wanted at the first store I came to, which was Portland Running Co. The guy asked me about my running schedule, then poked around inside my shoe, scrutinized the outside and sole and then had me run down the block and back. Then he asked me if I've been experiencing the exact pains in the exact places I've had on days when I push it - thereby establishing major credability in my book. I tried on some Nikes, which as always, were too narrow and ended up with some Brooks Adrenaline GTS 5s with more support on the inside of the foot than my old New Balances had. I tried on a size 15 but ended up taking home the 14 2Es, which is one size bigger that my street shoes generally run.

Off for a long run today. Gotta have my first experience with the Hammer Gel I bought a whole box of yesterday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet. It's ideal to get a shoe size bigger. The more you run, the bigger (gulp..) your feet are going to get. Mine go from 11.5 in the winter to 12.5 in the summer. Uhm. And I think Brooks rock. I can't really wear anything else. I like the Trance series. NB's arches are like under my ball. Asics make my knees hurt. Ya. SO congrats on new gear!

About Me: said...

i too wear those brooks. i love them! my last pair, also new balance, were so stiff now when i put them on even just briefly i wondered how i ever ran in them. i'm also training for vegas. you're the third blog i've seen (including mine and sd) trainig to run down the strip. hurrah! happy running!

About Me: said...

oops, just noticed you are sd. ;-)