Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Elvis Says "No."

From :
Sent : Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:36 AM
To : "Clark Creek"
Subject : Re: New Las Vegas Marathon Question


No

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Clark Creek [mailto:cchome@hotmail.com]
>Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 11:01 AM
>To: elvis@newlasvegasmarathon.com
>Subject: New Las Vegas Marathon Question
>
>Hi,
>
>Will there be any other distances run on December 4th, 2005 besides 26.2.
>The website talks about the marathon and lists results for last year's half
>marathon but makes no mention of a half this year. Will there be one?
>
>Thanks,
>Scott

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You actually got a reply from Elvis. I sent him two emails about my shirt and didn't receive any reply. Got the shirt today and ran in it, although I was disapointed about the words on the back. "In Training for the Most Fun You Can Have With Your Shoes On" I think a simple "In Training" works much better, but what the heck. Ran 3.5 with it today.

So, good news, the shirts will come! Bad news, Elvis won't write.

:) said...

Wow, a man of many words!

Running Chick said...

Oh. I wish I'd known you asked this question...I asked the same question in June...and got the same, sad response. If there was a Half, I would have been going to Vegas, baby!

Booooo.

Scott in Washington said...

I got my shirt this week too Drew. Haven't worn it yet though.

Dianna,
Rumor has it that the renegade Jeff is organizing an RBF half marathon for the Saturday before the main event. Maybe you want to run it that? Vegas Half Marathon - Money Baby!

Unknown said...

You could do two half marathons in one day...maybe that would be easier than one whole marathon.

About Me: said...

but drew, 'in training' would not have been fitting for VEGAS marathon. i mean, really, fun with shoes on limits things..um, well kind of...

running chick -- run partway and party with us the rest. i mean, the race goes up and down the strip making it convenient to not do a full marathon.

speaking of, or really, not speaking of but kind of, i better sign up. just five + days to get my tshirt!!