Wednesday, August 17, 2005

rbf2


rbf2
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.
Jeff did a little research into online shirt printers, shocking me out of my lethargy and general slackerness in the process. He found one site that will print on technical shirts and that sounds good to me - I've got a drawer full of mostly unworn cotton tees already too.

If you want an RBF shirt to wear in or to the Vegas marathon, go to the site and review their options for logo location, size, etc. The next question is should we place one order or each place our own. I’m willing to be the one to place the order if we want to go that route. I could either mail you your shirt or just hand it to you in the land of sun and slots. If you place your own order, I can email you the image I created, but you’ll end up paying the shipping and have the hassle with the logo image. Another question we should address is what to say on the back. Any suggestions for something different than what I have on the example image?

Please make a comment on this post if you are interested in Vegas shirts, saying how many you want and which way you think we should go on the shipping/ordering issue.

Thanks,
SD

7 comments:

Unknown said...

if we just print on the front, the price will be less per shirt. that said, i like that there's wording on the back. also, if we place a bulk order, the price should be less, too. i would be willing to order my own, though, since i'd probably want the logo in a different location than other folks (small, left breast).

just a suggestion on the rbf logo, could you make up an image without the eastside/westside thing? i understand the eastside/westside (of the cascade range), but it doesn't apply to me since i'm outside of washington state, as are a handful of other shindig attendees. maybe something with the running guy from completerunning.com?

Scott in Washington said...

Good points Jeff. Maybe other people will post their preferences for where to put the logos, sizes, etc. and we can all change to a different look than what I put on the example image, or maybe folks will want to order their own, we'll see I guess.

The Eastside/Westside thing originally came about when Susan and I noticed that west coast RBFers tend to travel to west coast events and east coasters to the east coast (not an earth shattering revelation I suppose. That being said, I think we should scrap the Eastside/Westside thing because 1. Its confusing - making people think of Eastside/Westside Washington and also gang affiliation (which was far from my intent) and 2. and probably more importantly, it is unnecessarily divisive. Not to get all goopy but I like the power of the Internet that lets us share our experience and don’t think I want to create anything that even symbolically works to tear that down.

So, a logo is a symbol. What should this one symbolize? I like the idea of adding the complete running guy. I like the existing mountain and sun. I would like to add rain drops and a river too to symbolize running in all weather and environments. Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

As one of the newer folks around here I hesitate a bit to jump into the fray and don't want to step on any toes, but . . .

I like what Scott said about the fact that we should be working up to something that is inclusive and represents something about what the RBF is all about. We have 3+ months, why don't we set a deadline and have anyone who wants to try their hand send in a design (or three) and then we can vote on it. I'd like to be thinking long term that maybe it'll be something that can be used at other events, but it'd be cool to have something about the Vegas marathon on there somewhere. That way, in a couple decades, we can remember where we got each of our thirty or forty shirts with the RBF logo.

Mark said...

Great stuff people! :)

About Me: said...

thank you scott, jeff etc for being on top of getting tshirts together!
i like drew's idea of maybe sending in designs or whatnot then voting. it'd be cool to have shirt somewhat reflective of the fact that it's gonna be in vegas. play off the strip or something...? like orange, bright, happy color.

:) said...

Cool shirt...I wish I was going!

Riona said...

I vote one shirt for all. I'm happy either way with bulk ordering or individual - I just want me one of those cool RBF tees.