Thursday, November 17, 2005

Vegas Freaky Thoughts

As I cruised around the blogosphere this morning, checking on all my Vegas runners, it became apparent that we are all (or mostly), starting to get the pre-race jitters.

Last night I got to the lake to run my scheduled eight. As I started down the trail I was weighed down with unhappy thoughts about not getting everything done at work that I had wanted to... how the heck am I going to run 26.2..... when am I going to find the time to get the pile of leaves I raked up off the lawn before the grass dies.... 26 point freaking 2..... I need to get some firewood split... A MARATHON? ARE YOU CRAZY!?!

I ran faster and faster, and it felt pretty good, so I ran a little faster. By the time I had completed one circuit of the lake (3.8 miles), I was running a 6.47 which is unbelievably smoking for me. Walking back to my car, I felt better. Like Partyrunner said in her last post - thank you running for being a stabilizing force in my life.

Shirt News; All but one payment has been received. Shirts to be mailed have been so sent off. The rest have little sticky notes with their owners names to be handed over in Vegas. We're off to see the wizard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It'll go faster than you can imagine.

Riona said...

The jitters will be over soon. It's only a couple weeks! Then you will officially be a marathon runner. Maybe one day I will be too - hang in there!

About Me: said...

the wonderful wizard of oz. we hear he is a wiz of a wiz if ever a wiz there was...
hey wiz, how bout a 340 marathon?

jitters are definitely here. but they'll pass...the run will pass...

i'm comforted by fact others are as feeling nervous too however

vegas!