Monday, November 21, 2005

Tapering is the way to live

This past Saturday's scheduled 12 has to have been one of the most pleasurable runs I've had yet. It was sufficiently long to get all systems up and running and all the juices flowing but much shorter than the current limitations of my body. The weather was just about perfect too - cool, crisp winter day with bright sunlight and crunchy fallen leaves. I ran around my favorite lake park where they were holding a historical re-enactment/historical festival to mark the Louis & Clark Bicentenial. There were lots of kids running around, eating fry bread and lots of adults dressed in buckskin and blanket coats to add to the scenery. My average for the whole thing was an 8.30, which is about a minute less than my average. I probably ran closer to 9 for most of it, but when I got to mile 9 I started a sprint that took me down to about a 7.30 for the last three miles. Like I said, this taper stuff is fun.

1 comment:

About Me: said...

as i slept in this morning, there was nary a thought of the run i had scheduled...because after yesterday's 4 mile shortie, today was a restie. and i laid in bed, cozy and comfy thinking 'i love tapering. why can't i always be tapering?'

nice weekend run.