Sunday, September 25, 2005

TSD; Future Century Runner


headband
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.
Pretty sad week for me as far as running went. Some of the running bloggers I read don't follow any sort of formal schedule in preparation for a marathon, just making sure they get a goodly number of long runs in, in the months leading up. Others, like Flatman, have yet to miss a single Hidgon specified workout in their entire program. Up until now, I've missed only two training runs leading up to Vegas. This week I doubled that, missing to of my weekly short runs. I did my specified 13 miles today and you know what? I feel fine. I was a bit slow out there today, but it was an easy day and I feel more than up to a to the little walk around the neighborhood my wife just proposed we take with the dogs and the kid.

Hope you are all feeling good too.

3 comments:

Danny said...

my trick is to delete one of the weekly runs from the schedule completely. ;-)

then i just try and get two runs in between tuesday and friday, with the long run on sunday.

(i'll let you know if it works!)

About Me: said...

i sit here late sunday contemplating the 12 miles im assigned to do today. i don't think they're gonna happen, having returned from long weekend out of town and feeling slightly under the weather (another vodka tonic? don't mind if i do!). so i'm a little jealous that a. you did 13 miles and b. are done with 13 miles. nice job! some missed training runs are inevitable. and ya, i do like danny sometimes.

adorable little baby moo.

:) said...

Quit...you're going to jinx me! And yeah that time for the half on my blog was a total screw up...I have made a formal apology... :)