Monday, September 05, 2005

Belt Pic for Jeff


Belt Pic for Jeff
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.
Jeff asked for a pic of the hydration belt I got off Ebay and then asked my wife to modify for me. It can carry 16 oz. of fluid, my iPod, up to 4 goo packs, and my car key. There is also probably room for ammonia squirt bottle or a dog-be-gone sonicator, which I don't have but wish I did.

What the numbers signify:
1. The original velcro patch, which sewn behing the key pocket.

2.new velcro

3. old velcro

4. new velcro

This makes the belt about twice as tight as it used to be. It doesn't squish me or chafe but I wish the hip mounted fluid bottles were a bit further back. The belt also now overlaps one of the front goo or mace holsters. This is actually a good thing as you could now put something in there and have it stay more securely.

3 comments:

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

The only thing missing is a spot for my camera...lol.

Unknown said...

Doesn't seem that far removed from the policeman's utility belt. You should always run with a set of cuffs just for the shits-and-giggles factor.

:) said...

Maybe add a mount for the plasma screen moitor...?

I love mine, but have still not figured it out for the back two bottles that always want to gravitate to the backs of my knees...! I have been just running with the two side bottles.