Saturday, September 10, 2005

End of the Week Tomorrow








Sep 7, 2005 3
Sep 8, 2005 3.51


Remember alll those people who tell you to never ever violate the 10% rule? THEY'RE RIGHT! I didn't do any permanent damage, I don't think, with my indulgences last week but I came pretty close. I now know what ITB pain feels like. Yay!

I didn't run hardly at all this week. Partly to let myself recover and partly because I spent a good part of the week sanding a hardwood floor and just wasn't feeling up to running after a day on my knees.

Tomorrow will be my first formal running event since I started training for Vegas. Keith, Natalia, Brit, Lauren and the Moo are headed down to Portland for the Pints to Pasta 10k. I'm feeling 95% recovered and looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The 10% thing assumes you actually keep some sort of record of your running...;)

About Me: said...

scott! i have been meaning to e-scold but have had no energy. anyways, itb pain sucks a--! it's the worst. nothing to cheer about! i listen, listen, listen and listen again to any sign my itb band might be flaring up again. no, it does not make a sound but it creeps up on you...
take it easy, scotty boy, must be healthy for vegas!
also, nice pace in sunday's run. what's your vegas goal time?