Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The calories go in.....

The other morning at work a coworker who is on a diet but still loves to cook brought in a Tupperware container of chocolate chip cookies for the office. Nobody tell my mom, but his may be the best chocolate chip cookies ever. There must be double the lard or unholy deals with Satan or something involved. I briefly thought about not have one (a cookie at 8 AM??), thinking to myself, “What’s the use? I could skip my run tonight and not eat this cookie and be in about the same place.” These are the weird thoughts you have early in the morning when you aren’t quite all there yet, like one is a positive and the other a negative that cancel each other out. It is only after you have done the run at the end of a long stressful day that you remember to good brain juices and general pleasure at being in shape.

I had a great run tonight and then came home and enjoyed my wife’s totally yummy baked pasta and cougar cheese – life is good.

No comments: