Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Posted Here For the Bobsy Twins

I originally posted the following on my other blog and am posting it here again because it is exercise related and I'm reawakening this blog:

In the exercise/career development area, easily the best news is the possibility of becoming the junior frogman. Our college has a series of swimming and lifeguard training classes that run at noon. I’ve been talking to the instructor and trying to get in there to lap swim on my lunch breaks. He is someone that I work with in a few other capacities at the college and have come to know over the past few years. Anyway, yesterday he approached me and told me that he will be retiring in another few years and hasn’t identified anyone to take over his classes and that I might consider it. How much would that rock? Teach swimming and CIS courses online and do my administrator gig as a supp contract or additional duty? I could get a big chunk of the summers off and maybe even be my own kids’ swim teacher/coach. Obviously I’d better not try to get a job in the English dept. with all my incomplete sentences. Over the next few years, I’d have to get certified as a lifeguard and swim instructor and then state certified to teach lifeguards and instructors. I was a fairly strong swimmer in high school and the military but that was ten years ago. He said to meet him Tuesday at the pool and he’d “get me started.” I think that may end up being a euphemism for kicking my butt, we’ll see.

Joe's Ugly Green Shoes Ride Again


DSCN0958
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.
Brushed the sawdust off my old street bike and took a spin. The tubes held pressure up to the end of the road and back. Next goal is riding down to the office and back to see how long that takes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are damn hard to track down. Especially when none (not a one) of your blogs (beer, food, running, DIY, Anon, pottery) have functioning RSS/Atom feeds. Arg.

Anyhow. So. I thought you'd abandoned this...but here you are. And so am I.