Tuesday, June 20, 2006

...

Reading other people’s running blogs, for me, is like a health benefit. Just like I take vitamins for my health, I read blogs to get me up and moving and motivated. Maybe like vitamins, there isn’t really any benefit to the reading, but it sure seems that way. I’ll keep doing it like I do other things for my health – namely drinking beer and coffee.

Susan and Jeff both made posts recently that stuck with me. Jeff made a clever analogy you should go read if you haven’t already. Susan who is currently suffering from PMDS (post marathon depression syndrome) had a good post about why she runs and whether or not marathoning is worth it. One thing we agree on is the obvious health and mental health benefits of getting out there and picking ‘em up an putting ‘em down.

Running News:
Ran home last night. Is running to work a possibility? Maybe, I’ll have to scout out the summer time access to the showers.

Swimming News:
The school’s pool shut down for the summer. If I want to work on my lap swimming goal of being able to do 12 continuosly crawled laps, I have to go to the Y and pay seven bucks a day. Sux.

Biking:
The ride into work was really pleasant this morning. I have to use my car tonight. I think I’ll drive home, drive back to work Wednesday, ride home, ride in Thursday, drive home – do that switching off between riding and driving for a while and then possibly ramp up to riding every day, both ways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll put my name on the list of folks who are pleased to see you back "online."

I've been biking to work consistently for a few months now, and it's become a comfortable routine that I don't think much about anymore. Bike to work, run at lunch and bike back home. It's been fun!

BTW, my father-in-law decided that he wants to run a marathon which means I'll most likely be back in Las Vegas in December. Oh, the memories!

afuntanilla said...

what marathon are you training for? good luck! i ran my first one in chicago. am now training for my 4th.
keep going!!

Unknown said...

You could always swim in the Columbia or Cowlips (we used to live on Cowlitz View Dr., and you wouldn't believe the shit some people come up with for 'Cowlitz'). Slap on some polypro or a layer of vaseline (I'm quite serious, think whale blubber). Or shit, Sqauw Pond could be an option. People might stare, but...you might make the paper too.