Thursday, June 22, 2006

I Pee My Pants for Quiche


DSCN1086
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.
Monday I drove to work and then ran home. Tuesday I rode my bike to work and drove home. I was feeling pretty good yesterday and planned to run home again, leaving my bike and car both at work. But then a little idea in the back of my head started to slowly build up steam, making increasingly fervent attacks on my conscious thinking. Quiche,” the voice said, “Hey you, Quiche!”

You see, we have some friends who keep chickens. Spring is currently exploding all around us, with everything waking up. The chickens are feeling frisky and have really ramped up production. By Wednesday morning we had something like 36 eggs. So the quiche idea really made sense but it didn’t jive with my desire to run home as I’d have to stop at the store on the way home for a few ingredients.

Then I had a mental flash – I could drive to the lake, run, drive to the store, and then drive home to eggy veggie Bisquick goodness. The only problem was that I had my light grey shorts that turn darker grey when went. When I run and sweat and then sit in my car, it looks like I pee’d my pants. “Whatever,” I thought, “I’m bigger than that.” So ultimate sacrifice: I ran and then went to Fred Meyers, trying to make steely eye contact with every other shopper, daring them to look down and accuse me of incontinence.

I managed to make it back out to my car without any kids yelling, “Pee pants! Pee pants! Look at the dirty bum, Mommy!”

At last check we have 4 eggs left. Brit made yummy egg salad and I got a little carried away and now we have quiche to last us, and give to all our friends.


DSCN1089
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where is Bisquick involved in quice? The crust? I should send you our WW crust recipe that we use for quiche. You can make a ton up and freeze it in little balls that make exactly one pie dish. Anyhow. I too love quiche.

Why don't you guys get some fowl? Ducks are awesome. Ducks eggs are my favorite. You need ducks. I've decided.