Sunday, June 18, 2006

Bad Motor Scooter


Bad Motor Scooter
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.
When Brit and I first started dating, one of the things we did a lot of was riding. I think the first epic adventure we went on was the Oregon City Bike Tour, which is about 200 miles in one weekend. Recently I’ve had a hankering to get the blue bomber out and get back in the saddle. Last weekend I took it for a short shake down ride and it seems all systems are in the green.

Today I took it out of the valley for a 30 minute cruise. I purposefully took it on some gravel roads and off a curb to test the innertubes and general, "will this bike get me to work or not-ness." According to the forerunner, I was averaging somewhere between 4-5 minutes per mile, which means that if I leave 35 minutes before work I should have ample time to get changed before the start of the day. Tomorrow I drive to work, and run home. Tuesday I have to drive to my moonlighting gig after work, but Wednesday, you-are-mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you're ever down in Vancouver I'm sure my Dad (who used to run a bike repair shop on the side) could give your pimp ride a full overhaul and tune-up. You might have to leave it there for a couple days though, til he had time.