Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Time for running

I’m in the first of two weeks of paternity leave, currently, and quite enjoying myself and my family’s company. This is the second time I have had this opportunity to slow down for a while and help out around the house. Zoot used the word “Familymoon” to describe the trip she took with her family after getting married. I like that word and think it applies here, where we’re not going anywhere in a geophysical sense but are taking time to adjust our new family.


What does any of this have to do with running you might ask? Yesterday I went running – There it is! A post about running on a running blog… get nuts…


T. and I took the runner stroller (my stroller doesn’t jog) down to the lake yesterday afternoon and did four miles (I ran, he rolled). As we were getting there my dad ran by, so we did the first two with him and then did two more by ourselves. I think we’ll probably give the new mom and baby another break from our presence this afternoon and go do it again.

4 comments:

:) said...

Sweet! Have fun with T.

Give that cute little new baby lots of hugs!!!!!

Unknown said...

i'm guessing that mr. moo really enjoyed his time with dad. groovy stuff.

so, are you calling the new tricycle motor "mr. g"? =)

Anonymous said...

Nicely done.

Unknown said...

Hit it dude! It's awesome that you're taking the T-unit on the runs. Too bad you couldn't train the dogs to pull the stroller. Then all parties would get a workout.

Your dad still goes running? That's flantastic.