Monday, March 13, 2006

Where I run


DSCF0005
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.
T says, "Whats with the camera this time, Dad?"

Keith recently asked me how I can stand running the same loop around the lake over and over. I run the vast majority of my runs around the same 3.7 mile jogging path. When I was marathon training, I'd usually branch out away from the lake after a few circuits but now that I'm doing short runs, I rarely do. I don't find it monotonous. I know exactly where I am distance wise at all times - when to pour it one, when to hold back, etc. I never have to cross traffic so I can tune out if I want to. I see the same people at certain times of day. Also, I enjoy watching the landscape change with the seasons and time of day.

I thought I'd take the camera along on a recent run and share some photos with both of the people who read this blog.

SD

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Now, boy, if you can make it home on your own, you deserve dinner..."

Anonymous said...

You've mentioned your runs around the lake so many times that I've had a very clear picture of it in my imagination since before Vegas. Wow, it's even pretier than my imagination. No wonder you like to run there.

Unknown said...

HELLO! just because I don't always comment...and that's only because I basically have the honor of nagging at you 8-5 work weekly! Besides...I'm kind of partial to Running Stitch! So there!