Monday, July 10, 2006

Survey Says

Today was an, “Aw Crap!” day all around. I woke up 30 minutes late this morning. I’d plan to ride in, run, and ride back from work today. Instead, at 6:30 my wife was saying, “Babe, you’re late. You have to get up.”

I think I answered with something like, “Yeah, but I’m telling her what kind of hot dog I want to order.” A second or two later I realized that ordering dream hot dogs from the ultimate dog stand in the sky wasn’t going to contribute to general success in life and got myself in gear, if a little late.

I drove to work, accomplished a lot, and generally made good food choices throughout the day (coffee and pizza). In the early afternoon I got my leg descriptions for the upcoming race. I was expecting them to go easy on me and probably not even have me do three legs as I’m the newbie. Turns out that I’m one of several newbies (see my leg descriptions below) and my leg descriptions are “Hard,” “Rediculously Hard,” and “Just Lay Down In the Street You Wimpy Boy Hard.”

The rest of the day was normal work thoughts punctuated every now and then with unbidden panic, “work, work, work, OH JESUS! work, work, work, I’M GONNA DIE!” type thoughts.

After work I went for medium length run through the hills. I never trained hills getting ready for my marathon and so have very little frame of reference. I didn’t have my forerunner with me but kept track of my route and ran for about an hour. The whole time I kept reminding myself to keep the pace up and run fast for a shorter distance. Afterwards I went back and drove my route to establish distance. I ended up with about a 10:30 average pace. Like I said, I’m gonna die.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ALl you have to know is that happy little point where tall fuckers like us can walk faster than we can run. I remember pissing some guy off in my first marathon by speedwalking up sme steep grade while he slapped rubber. Poor midget.

About Me: said...

first off may i remind KAP some of us midgets read this site! i'll take you kap, you 6 foot 9 inch big foot!

second, where in the fu'in wide, wide, world of sports have i been that i dont see you're back training and blogging till today!? i'm so excited for you! you rock.

Scott in Washington said...

To my midget friends, to my sasquatch friends.... Love is the key. Can't we all come together and live in peace?

Unknown said...

Fe fi fo fum...