Thursday, January 12, 2006

(Lack of) Running Update

Well, still sick, but I hope to be running again by the end of the weekend. I've reached the stage where I'm basically well except for a persistent throat irritation and cough. Any heavy breathing causes uncontrollable coughing fits (no comments from the peanut gallery...). I figure I'm probably safe to lift weights again, though. I even haranged my coworkers into going over to the gym on our lunch break three days a week, yahhhh!

In other amazing news, I've gained 7.5 pounds since I ran Vegas. How does that happen you might ask? Eggnog. Eggnog is the culprit. I've never had to watch what I eat before (except to get it in my mouth), but realize now that I can't eat like I'm training for a marathon, party like a rockstar, and sloth like a couch potato and not suffer the consequences. My goal is to be back down to 207 by March 1st.

Not any amazing training feats to report, but just wanted everybody to apprised of my continuing heartbeat and respiration.

4 comments:

About Me: said...

7 pounds! man, i'm so glad i'm not the only one.
did you get the email from las vegas about registering for 2006 race? like i could even think of what i'll be doing in dec...

Scott in Washington said...

mmmmm, fries.....

Yeah, I got the Vegas message too. Sorry Elvis!!!

Black Knight said...

Take your time and not be in hurry to come back on the road. That kind of illness is boring. I usually have the same problem every winter.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I love eggnog. I could drink a gallon and never feel it. Until, I hit the scale and my heart exploded from the saturated fat.

Good stuff. But its poison.